Monday 15 November 2010

Story Board

A story board is a visual document that explains what is going to happen in my production.

A storyboard explains the visuals, the sounds, the iconography, props, actors, narrative, editing, and shots of the film production which is to be created.

It is required as it allows film directors to plan put exactly what is happening in their scene towards their audience and for the camera man to understand what shots are needed to capture.

Every storyboard needs to be detailed in order for it to make sense. As well as a visual element, it also needs to have written dialogue.

For example here is a storyboard of a Star Trek episode:


In my production the director Jordan Duberry created a storyboard for are team to follow and especially for me to edit as I looked over his storyboard over night, he told me to fill in any spaces he has left out as he gave me some responsibility towards the production by how it should be planned out as being the camera man the shots I take are very important to tell the right narrative of the opening to the audience.




Below is the new updated storyboard which I finished editing in my free time for production. I cutted out some frames from the old storyboard and changed some frames narratives and camera shot ect to fit the narrative and make it easier as somer of the directors ideas would have taken up time and been a waste as I felt the audience did not need to see this for example Jona Daja going up and down stairs frequently as the audience already know what is going on and does not need to see the full narrative.





This is my final storyboard for my film production from my group.

1 comment:

  1. You have discussed the purpose of a story board and have made reference to you r own storyboard. now state how creating a story board helped you and your group with the production of your final piece.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Doing a AS level course in Oasis Academy Hadley