Thursday 27 January 2011

Post Production

As one of my roles and responsibilities was take up being the sound producer it was my reasonability to create the sound track for my group’s production. Most of the sound track took place inside the school’s Mac room on the software Logic but as I was creating the sound track I grew very inpatient with the software as I could not use it to my full potential, thus leaving me to go home and creating some of the sound track on Reason 4 and bringing back to school to edit and add more sounds.


When creating the sound track Logic was the main option for our class to use but as I couldn’t take full gasp to the software I asked my teacher if I could perhaps create the sound track at home which she agreed on due to me having more time at home when creating the soundtrack unlike inside school. The soundtrack took me a week to create as I intended to make it the best to my capability by finding and using the right instruments and folders, once I finished the soundtrack at home I uploaded it on the school Mac on Logic by then adding more sounds and editing it as it needed to fit the videos time limit of 2 minutes. Once this was finished I gave the soundtrack to the rest of my group, who was editing the video on Final Cut Pro which then they uploaded the soundtrack on the video.

Logic was not only hard for me to come across but also for other students in my class as we were given the software straight away to take full effect to, thus we was given a guide book to help us with our struggles and to teach us how to create a soundtrack.

The I learnt a lot from the post production as I taught me what sounds to use to suit my genre of film and production for example sharp tense sounds for killer atmosphere and deep base instruments for dark suspenseful scenes; this allowed me to create a soundtrack that I believe is worthy for any thriller as it offers a dark sinister feeling towards the audience which they would enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Anthony this is a great post you have produced you have demonstrated you are able to reflect back on your post production process as well as discuss what you have learnt from the whole experience.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Doing a AS level course in Oasis Academy Hadley