Friday 28 January 2011

Evaluation

This youtube link below is my final opening sequence thriller production, which I Anthony Williams, Jona, Daja, Jordan Duberry, and Daniel Richardson created.

JOKES ON YOU:


This youtube link below is my final opening sequence thriller production, which I Anthony Williams, Jona, Daja, Jordan Duberry, and Daniel Richardson created.

In this stage of my task I will briefly evaluate my production by answering the six questions my teacher has given me in bullet points.

  1. How successful is your thriller?

    • We successfully used the three Ss’ which represented our production’s generic conventions as a thriller.

    • The micro elements used in are production connected to the genre well for example close-ups and character representations.

  1. How does it confirm to existing media?

    • My production conventions was influenced by many thrillers, in one particular the horror/thriller film “IT” as the mise-en-scene settings of the costume was similar to our own villain who also was a clown.

    • One of our scenes were very similar to “Child’s Play” own, which confirming that our production as a thriller.

  1. Discuss the representations of your characters?

    • The main character is portrayed as a sweet innocent young girl who has become a damsel in distress while baby sitting, this character is played by Jona Daja.

    • The villain is seen a evil clown doll who has some how stumbled into the residents and has disguised as a toy but is then shown as a disturbing living being.

  1. What media institution would distribute your film?

    • My media institution’s name was called “Harlequin” as it represents the French myth of soul catches, the name has a meaning to of audiences being attracted to our films also having a thrilling meaning behind it.

    • New Line Cinema would be our production’s distributor as they have produced many successful thrillers films for example “Se7en”, “Set it Off”, “Final Destination series” and “Child’s Play”.

  1. Who is the typical audience of thrillers and how did it attract your audience?

    • Thriller films attract an audience who enjoy thrill and excitement for example murder mysteries and sub-horror.

    • My production’s target audience is of a young audience mainly an age group of 15-21 due to the teenage actors and generic conventions but can also appeal to others due to it being a thriller everyone can enjoy it.

  1. What have you learnt?

    • I have learnt how to use the generic conventions well enough to know how to set a specific genre.

    • I have learnt how to use a handheld video camera by learning how to take number o cinematography shots also by the use of the tri-pod.

    • I have learnt how to use Logic on the Mac computer as this software helped me produce my soundtrack for our production.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Anthony you have evaluated your opening sequence in relation to its success, the target audience and other existing media productions. You could expand on what you have learnt by suggesting what you have learnt about the whole process of film making.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Doing a AS level course in Oasis Academy Hadley